This data protection policy explains how NORLA AB, org.nr 556869-7550, (”NORLA”), collects and uses your personal information. NORLA will in all cases ensure that personal data is processed in a lawful and correct manner. Below you will find how we treat your personal data.
What information do we collect about you?
NORLA is responsible of your personal data and ensures that its procession takes place in accordance to applicable data protection regulations.
Which persons do we treat personal data about?
We process personal information about the following categories of people:
- Visitors, i.e. the person who visits our site.
- Inquiry visitors, ie. a private person who when visiting our website makes a request via form or sends e-mail.
- Job seekers, ie. the person applying for employment with NORLA or any of NORLA’s customers / partners.
- Customers and partners, ie. the private person who is representative of our existing and future customers / partners who buy or ask questions about NORLA’s products or services.
- Suppliers, ie. the private person who is the representative of our suppliers.
What personal information do we treat about you?
- We may process the following personal information about you as a visitor:
IP number and information about your use of NORLA’s website.
- We may process the following personal information about you as an inquiring visitor:
E-mail address, as well as
IP number and information about your use of NORLA’s website.
- We may process the following personal information about you as a job seeker:
- Personal number
- Contact details, such as address, e-mail address, phone number
- Attestations and certificates
- Work experience, attestations and education
- Information about experience and skills
- We may process the following personal information about you as a customer/partner or supplier:
- Name, as well as
- Contact details, such as address, e-mail address, phone number.
Why and under what legal basis do we treat your personal data?
- In order to be able to enter into and manage contracts with you as a customer, partner or supplier, NORLA collects and processes personal data from you. The legal basis for our processing of your personal data is that it is necessary to fulfill our agreement with you or to take action before such agreement is concluded. If you do not provide your above-mentioned personal information, we do not have the opportunity to offer our services or otherwise fulfill our obligations to you. If you are a representative or a contact person for an organization that is a customer, partner or supplier to NORLA, the legal basis for our processing of personal data about you is a balance of interests, ie. that the treatment is necessary for a purpose that concerns our legitimate interest in maintaining and fulfilling our commitments in contractual relations. If you do not provide your personal information, we may not be able to fulfill our obligations to the organization.
- NORLA collects and processes personal data belonging to you as a job seeker to be able to administer your application, evaluate you, select and make decisions in a recruitment procedure for employment with us or with one of our customers / partners. The legal basis for our treatment is balance of interests, ie. that the treatment is necessary for a purpose that concerns our legitimate interest in being able to find a suitable candidate for an employment. If you do not submit the information, we cannot make an evaluation of you as a candidate for employment with us or with any of our customers / partners
- NORLA also collects and processes personal data from you as visitors to our website, inquiry visitors, job seekers, customers, partners or suppliers in order to assure quality, to contact you, to answer questions and offer and market our services to you. We can also send relevant marketing offers to you in the form of newsletters, promotional offers via social media and e-mail. The legal basis is that the treatment is necessary for our legitimate interest in being able to develop our business and meet your needs, market our products and services that we believe you may be interested in. Our interest in processing your personal data for this purpose goes beyond your potential interest in protecting your privacy considering the potential benefits that marketing and answering questions bring to you. However, you have the right at any time to object to the processing of personal data for direct marketing.
- Some personal data may also be processed due to NORLA having a legal obligation to fulfill, for example as a result of NORLA’s accounting obligation or other obligations that are due to us by law.
How long do we save your personal data?
- NORLA never stores data beyond what is necessary for the purposes of the treatment. We therefore carry out regular thinning of stored personal data and remove the data that are no longer needed.
- NORLA may need to store personal data about you as a job seeker after the recruitment procedure is completed if we consider it necessary to save them to handle legal requirements that may be directed against NORLA. The storage period is therefore usually two years.
- NORLA saves information about you as a customer, partner or supplier as long as there is an active agreement. After the contractual relationship has ceased, NORLA saves the personal data as long as a legal claim is brought or can be made valid in connection with the agreement. However, NORLA may need to store the personal data even after this period in order to administer any guarantees, deadlines for compliance, to comply with legal requirements, to handle other legal requirements that may be directed against NORLA which does not stem from any agreement or to market services and send offers which NORLA believes may be of interest to you.
- NORLA saves information about you as inquiry visitors until you object to the processing of your personal data or for a maximum of 24 months after we have responded to your request. If you object to this, NORLA will delete your personal information as soon as possible.
- NORLA saves information about you as a visitor of our website until you object to the processing of your personal data or for a maximum of 24 months after you last entered the NORLA website. If you object to this, NORLA will delete your personal information as soon as possible.
Who has access to your information?
- Your personal data may be disclosed to and processed by third parties. These may include Group companies, service providers, legal advisers, auditors, business consultants, authorities, etc. Examples of situations when your personal data may be transferred to third parties are when such action is required on account of law, dispute, government inquiry or decision, according to their own the request or when required for the fulfillment of a legitimate interest for NORLA. NORLA remains the personal data controller for the personal data that is submitted, while third parties, depending on the circumstances, either become independently responsible for personal data, with NORLA joint personal data controller or NORLA’s personal data assistant.
Where do we store your personal information?
- NORLA will only process personal data within the EU/EEA.
- We also use third-party cookies that perform multiple domain tracking to enable us to provide marketing on other websites / channels to you.
- NORLA does not save your personal information regarding cookies. You can block cookies and still access most of our content. If you choose to block cookies, it may impair the functionality of the site. To block cookies, you need to change the security settings in your browser.
- NORLA can process your personal information through profiling such as analysis of how to use our website, about what services and offers you have been interested in, details of your purchases to provide you with offers that we believe fit you. You can at any time object to the processing of personal data by profiling. However, this does not apply if such treatment is necessary for the conclusion or fulfillment of agreements with you or if such treatment is permitted under applicable legislation.
What rights do you have as a registered user?
- Right to access
You have the right to turn to NORLA as personal data controller and request access to the personal data that we process, as well as request information about, among other things, the purposes of the processing and who received the personal data. NORLA will, as personal data controller, provide you with a free copy of the personal data that is processed. In the event of any extra copies, NORLA may charge an administration fee.
- Right to correction and limitation
You have the right, without undue delay, to have your personal data corrected or, under certain conditions, limited. If you consider that NORLA processes personal data about you that are incorrect or incomplete, you may require that these be corrected or supplemented.
- Right to erase
You also have the right to have your data deleted, among other things, if they are no longer necessary for the purpose or if their processing is based on consent and this has been revoked. However, there may be legal requirements or contractual relationships that will prevent us from deleting your personal data.
- Right to object
As registered, you have the right at any time to object to the processing of your personal data if the legal basis for the treatment consists of balancing interest. You as a registered person also have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data if these are processed for direct marketing.
- Right to data portability
As registered, you have the right to obtain the personal data that you provided to NORLA as the personal data controller and have the right to transfer these data to another person responsible for personal data (data portability). This applies if it is technically possible, and that the treatment has been necessary for the performance of the agreement.
- Right to file complaints
If you are dissatisfied with how we processed your personal data, please contact us, see our contact details below. You also have the right to lodge a complaint on our personal data processing:Datainspektionen / Integritetsskyddsmyndigheten (
104 20 Stockholm
Changes to the policy
NORLA reserves the right to change and update this policy. In the event of material changes to the policy or if existing information is to be treated differently than stated in the policy, NORLA will inform this in an appropriate manner.
For questions or other requests regarding personal data, please contact NORLA contact person regarding personal data management:
Name: Jacqueline Leuenberger, NORLA AB
Address: Sveavägen 82, 113 59 Stockholm
E-mail address: email@example.com